Don’t miss the Save the BBC North Block Party this Saturday. Free helmets for children who need them. Free helmet fittings for all ages. Free bicycle safety checks. Free flat tire clinics (learn to fix and prevent). Plus music, food and prizes.
The Bethlehem Bicycle Cooperative (BBC) is open for Members and Guests every Thursday from 5-9pm and Saturday from 8AM to 4PM. We are located at 14 West Raspberry in beautiful, downtown Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Steve Glickman picked up his stunning white hoodie with reflective transit symbol on the front and the reflective Shared Lane Marking on the back.
J. wore his army green Shared Lane Marking CAR-FREE.ORG t-shirt.
CAT members using BBC Tools with mechanic assistance:
- Dan and Natalie Sabrinski brought in a beautiful new belt driven tandem. They worked on it with LCI J. Reisenberger and mechanic Lee Poole-Smith to get ready for an upcoming cross country ride.
- J. worked on Steve’s bike, replacing the rear wheel and checking a problem with the headset
- Steve filled his tires
- Lee Poole-Smith worked on his derailleurs and decided he needs new ones.
- J. removed his chain ring and put on a triple chain ring and made the necessary changes. His test ride was successful although he thinks he needs a new derailleur cable.
Dan and Natalie Sobrinski had a lengthy discussion with Steve & J. about riding in and around Bethlehem, particularly the bridges across the Lehigh River.
Dan and Natalie learned about drive trains from J. and Lee.
Bike Library Activity (See what’s available now!)
New & Renewing Members:
Graham Stanford dropped off 12 passes to the South Side Film Festival to used as premiums for Bicycle Heaven Rides when people learn to ride from their home to the film festival.
League of American Bicyclists certified Cycling Instructor(s) on duty:
- Steve Schmitt
- J. Dietrich Reisenberger
- Steve Schmitt
- Lee Poole Smith.
- at 5PM it was raining a bit, but it cleared up and was sunny for most of the evening, 70 degrees,
Donate to the helmet campaign on CAR-FREE.ORG. It costs $10 to protect a child’s head.
Use any credit card to join online right now.
Become a Bronze BBC and use our Park Tool Set from 8am to 4 PM any Saturday! Become a Silver or Gold BBC member and enjoy our Bicycle Library See information about Membership levels here Would you like to volunteer to help on Thursday or Saturday at the Bethlehem Bicycle Cooperative? Write the Volunteer Coordinator. Today, the BBC is sponsored in part by Google, Genesis Bicycles and Apex Management .