The Bethlehem Bicycle Cooperative (BBC) is open for Members and Guests every Thursday from 5-9pm and Saturday from 8AM to 4PM. We are located at 14 West Raspberry in beautiful, downtown Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Weather today: 66 degrees, clear, 6mph wind SW, 47% humidity
CAT members using BBC Tools with mechanic assistance:
- Cody Silliman works on his BMX, greasing the chain and inspecting the crank.
- Lee Poole-Smith worked on his shifters
- Dave Trautmann put a mirror on his bike
- Janneke Bos came in with son Liam, filled 8 gallon bottles with filtered water.
- Julie brought in a library bike to install a new cassette and reflector treatment
- Cody Silliman worked on his cousin’s bike, Mike Latshaw, fixing the rear brake.
- Josh Buck changed his pedals to troubleshoot a mysterious creak.
Faith Warren covered bike fit, stopping and starting, and ABC Quick Check for heading out with her brother Elliott to the Basic Skills Course on the top of the North Street Garage. There she covered riding in straight line, scanning, avoiding obstacles, hand signals, swerving, turning and emergency stop. It was all review for Elliott. Both kids are using Bike Library bikes. Scott Slingerland is the LCI handling this today.
Dave Trautmann got some assistance from Scott on removing his grip in order to attach a mirror.
Bike Library Activity
- Scott set up a bike Julie Vitale was using until earlier this week for Faith Warren. Julie and Faith are both upgrading, Julie to a lighter, faster bike; Faith to a larger bike since she has grown too large for old bike.
- A woman, who lives nearby, wants to ride to her job in Easton. Scott explained the Bike Library to her. The Bike Library is designed to help someone using a bicycle for transportation have affordable, reliable transportation. Both the Smart Cycling: Traffic Skills 101 and Basic Mechanic classes are required for someone to use the Bicycle Library.
New & Renewing Members:
Some guy who needed quarters for the laundromat
League of American Bicyclists certified Cycling Instructor(s) on duty:
- Scott Slingerland
- J. Dietrich Reisenberger came in to talk to Steve about BBC West
- Steve Schmitt
- Scott Slingerland
- Lee Poole Smith
- Cody Silliman
- Dale Wieder – picked up his bus pass for working on the Adopt-a-Bus Stop program in Easton. Did some scanning in preparation for the office move.
- Steve and Julie Vitale talked about the Monocacy Way 5K Run
- Joshua Buck talked to Steve about setting up rental bikes at local hotels
Use any credit card to join online right now.
Become a Bronze BBC and use our Park Tool Set from 8am to 4 PM any Saturday! Become a Silver or Gold BBC member and enjoy our Bicycle Library See information about Membership levels here Would you like to volunteer to help on Thursday or Saturday at the Bethlehem Bicycle Cooperative? Write the Volunteer Coordinator. Today, the BBC is sponsored in part by Google, Genesis Bicycles and Apex Management .